1. How often should I change my air filter?
It’s the single most important thing you can do for your central heating and air conditioning system.
– We recommend replacing your air filter once a month.
– We recommend replacing your air filter every three months. Depending on the location of your business, and the amount of traffic that there is, changing the filter every one to two months may be necessary.
2. Where is my air filter located?
Different systems have different filter locations. Usually, there is a removable filter access door in the return air duct next to the furnace or indoor unit. Sometimes, especially with older systems, the filter is located inside the furnace itself, next to the blower motor.
3. Where can I purchase an air filter?
Your local Home Depot and or Lowes should have them in stock. Don’t forget to take proper measurements before purchasing one.
4. How do I light my pilot light?
- Turn off furnace, boiler, or water heater at thermostat or power switch.
- Locate the gas valve and turn knob from “on” or “off” (depending where it was) to “pilot” position.
- Hold down red button, which sends gas to the pilot burner.
- At the same time hold match to pilot burner. (Just follow the small pilot tubing to end.) Sometimes a long match is needed, you can use needle nose pliers to hold match.
- On some equipment, you may need to move a small metal door or panel for access.
- Light the pilot but do not let go of button.
- Continue holding button for 60 seconds.
- Now let go of button, pilot should stay lit.
- If not, you need to call for service.
- Turn gas valve knob back to the “on” position.
- Turn on appliance, turn up thermostat, main gas should light.
- Remember to put back metal cover if your system had one.
When our upstairs air conditioning quit working, I called three local companies. One couldn’t come for 2-1/2 weeks, one didn’t answer their phone but Kim from Ruby Mountain HVAC got us scheduled the following day. Rod, the technician, was very professional, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. He diagnosed our air conditioning problems just like that! I highly recommend this company.
— Ron L.