1. How often should I change my air filter?
It’s the single most important thing you can do for your central heating and air conditioning system.
– We recommend replacing your air filter once a month.
– We recommend replacing your air filter every three months. Depending on the location of your business, and the amount of traffic that there is, changing the filter every one to two months may be necessary.
2. Where is my air filter located?
Different systems have different filter locations. Usually, there is a removable filter access door in the return air duct next to the furnace or indoor unit. Sometimes, especially with older systems, the filter is located inside the furnace itself, next to the blower motor.
3. Where can I purchase an air filter?
Your local Home Depot and or Lowes should have them in stock. Don’t forget to take proper measurements before purchasing one.
4. How do I light my pilot light?
- Turn off furnace, boiler, or water heater at thermostat or power switch.
- Locate the gas valve and turn knob from “on” or “off” (depending where it was) to “pilot” position.
- Hold down red button, which sends gas to the pilot burner.
- At the same time hold match to pilot burner. (Just follow the small pilot tubing to end.) Sometimes a long match is needed, you can use needle nose pliers to hold match.
- On some equipment, you may need to move a small metal door or panel for access.
- Light the pilot but do not let go of button.
- Continue holding button for 60 seconds.
- Now let go of button, pilot should stay lit.
- If not, you need to call for service.
- Turn gas valve knob back to the “on” position.
- Turn on appliance, turn up thermostat, main gas should light.
- Remember to put back metal cover if your system had one.
The technician called prior to coming and was here 10 minutes later… I contacted a couple of other businesses and was told it would be at least a week before they could get to me. Ruby Mountain responded in a day. The staff was friendly and the bill was A LOT cheaper than we thought it would be… Repair time was about 40 minutes and the problem and repairs were explained to me in simple terms. I won’t hesitate to use Ruby Mountain HVAC and Refrigeration again!
– William R. 2022
I called this company in desperate need of repair on our ac unit. They showed up and actually went through everything and found the main issues. The past company that put in our unit didn’t even hook up the duct work properly. Feeling like an idiot for not going under the house and checking this company’s work. It costed me thousands in energy bills and horrible summer months with the house being in the 80 degrees and above. This company showed up and fixed everything. Was pretty dang pricey but my family now has a home that they can live in comfortably in the Nevada heat. Really appreciate everything this company did for us.
– Randy V. 2022
My home A/C went out in late June, 2022. I understand the summer months are very busy for emergency A/C repair. Still, I contacted Ruby Mountain HVAC shortly after 8:00 am and they were able to work me into their schedule for later that day. The technician was very professional, courteous and had the A/C going again in about an hour. I will definitely use this company again and would recommend it to family and friends.
– Gregory H. 2022